FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX)
Map Specialists at the FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX) support the public and other FEMA stakeholders with inquiries pertaining to a wide variety of flood hazard mapping and floodplain management topics including how to find and read flood maps, preliminary flood hazard data, Letters of Map Change, Elevation Certificates, and the National Flood Hazard Layer. The FMIX also connects stakeholders with technical experts specializing in subjects such as hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, coastal mapping and the Hazus loss-estimation software. Additional information about the FMIX can be found in our flyer.
Contact a Map Specialist
- (877) FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627)
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am through 6:30 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) (Eastern Daylight Time). Click through the calendar below to view the schedule of holiday hours and closings.
- Email: FEMAMapSpecialist@riskmapcds.com
- Try our Live Chat Service, available 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST (EDT). Click below to start chatting with a Map Specialist.
Hours of Operation
The FMIX hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am through 6:30 pm Eastern Standard Time (Eastern Daylight Time). Self-service options are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Scroll through the months to view the FMIX schedule of holiday hours and closings.
Return to the current day.
Information and Resources
- View flood maps and other flood hazard mapping products
- Learn how to change a flood zone designation
- Review preliminary flood hazard data for your community
- Learn the participation status of your community using the Community Status Book
- Learn about coastal flood risks
- Learn about risks associated with levees
- Visit the FloodSmart website to learn about flood insurance
- Other frequently asked questions
- Other FEMA Contacts
Last Modified: Friday, 28-June-2013 14:21:00 EDT